Warrior's Order Mobilized for Maximum Building (WOMMB) Institute is dedicated to fighting oppression and injustice through character transformation, education, leadership training, and the restoration of original, pure cultures.

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Guest Post: from Maleness into Manhood.

When you want to change and do something different in your life, you can’t sit there and just expect things to change without making some type of effort. You have to learn to crawl before you walk and before you run. 
Participating in Black August has been that stepping stone for me. The encouragement, motivation, and wisdom from the Brothers has already become a positive motivating force in my life. What I like about Black August is that I can participate in it without having to compromise my Christianity. Because it’s teaching me self-discipline, self-sacrifice, unity, and education. All of the principles our ancestors lived by. 
1 Corinthians 13:10-11 says, “When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me.” 
For me, that scripture represents what Black August embodies. 
Growth from Maleness to Manhood. 
“Hail Martin, Hail Malcom, Mohammed Ali
If a change shall come, it must
start with me! Then Farrakhan
came marching changing boys to men
But before we can be anything
We will be Afrikan!” 
-unknown
JC.

1 comment:

Maureen said...

I really have thought a lot and enjoyed reading each entry on this blog. I think you guys are doing great things. I look forward to more!